Sunday, February 26, 2012

Haul : CVS

I normally never go to CVS because the one near my house is kind of old and dingy and just not as nice as the Rite Aid near my house but I caved because I really wanted this product knew that CVS by my office had the product. I am talking about the Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel that was released earlier this month. They are supposed to have a gel like consistency and last for 11 days or something like that and are chip resistant. I really tried to go to at least 3 Rite Aids before I just caved and went to CVS because I have a Rite Aid card and don't have a CVS so I know I wasn't going to get any points or additional discounts.

No I have to say I really didn't want to buy these at first because there are like $8.29? And like I previously mentioned in my first nail polish post. I am fortunate enough to live in an area where there are a few asian beauty stores that sell Essie which is my favorite brand for a lot less than drug stores. I think normaly drug stores sell Essie for $8 and I buy them for $4.50 at most $4.95 so for me to pay more than $8 for a Revlon polish was just kind of ridiculous in my mind.  But I caved because I saw a lot of youtubers and other bloggers saying good things about them. So I picked up three colors and a top coat since they market it as a necessity.
 

From Left to Right:
220 Rain Forest : is a rich forest green with micro green glitter
020 Pale Cashmere : is a very pale pink
130 Velvet Rope: is a dark red
010 Top Coat



So I have tried Velvet Rope and I do like the color, not sure yet about the 11 day wear with no chip or whatever but the color is nice, it does look like a gel finish. I however HATE the brush. It's like the Sally Hansen brushes where its kind of a fatter brush thats rounded at the tip but its not a clean round. Like I said Essie is my go to polish brand and I am very comfortable with their brushes so these Revlon Colorstay brushes are kind of difficult, you don't have as much control in my opinion.

I will probably write a full review with swatches of each of the three colors I have later on after trying all of them out and seeing how well they wear. 

Thanks for reading, please subscribe. 

- amy

No comments:

Post a Comment