Now because I made so many beauty purchases over the last two months I have been trying really hard not to buy anymore products for the rest of the year, however I was on reading other blogs and heard that the L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows which are the closest dupes to the Armani Eyes to Kill have finally made it to the US since it was only available overseas or Canada before. I swung by my local CVS first to see if they might have it and they didn't so next I went to the Rite Aid close to my place. Rite Aid did not have the L'Oreal shadows but they did have the new Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow quads available. These are the ones that have Olivia Wilde in the marketing ad. I believe there are 6 new quads that have been launched. Now these are technically not new products like the lip butters since the Colorstay line had already eyeshadow quads prior to this. The old quads were marketed as 12 hour long lasting shadows and had a slim rectangular shape in which all the shadows of equal size. The newly released quads are marketed as 16 hour long lasting shadows and is packaged in a square pallet and the shadows are not in all equally sized pans.
I personally really think the Revlon Colorstay line is probably the best drugstore line of makeup. From foundation to blush to eyeshadow it is really and impressive line and these I have a lot of these quads. From the old 12 hour line I have 5 different quads and though I don't reach for them that often I really do like them. The 4 shadows in each pallet compliment each other very well and the pigmentation is great and the shadows are smooth and buttery. I believe these range from around $7-8 and I am sure you can always find them for less because I know my Rite Aid always has like 40% off sales on Revlon stuff. Below are just images of the 5 pallets I have in old packaging. Out of the 5 my favorites are probably Sterling Rose and Nude Elements just because I can wear them easily on a day to day basis.
13 Lavender Meadow
14 Nude Elements
11 Sultry Smoke
18 Azure Mist
09 Sterling Rose
Now I was really only interested in this 1 pallet from the new line of Colorstay quads which was number 515 Adventurous. Though the packaging says 515 Adventurous, the slot on the marketing pop up stand said 515 Goddess so I'm not really sure what is going on with that but this quad is the one that is neutral but with this beautiful deep olive green color in it. I have to say thats probably what sold me on this quad was because of this olive color. There are a total of 6 different quads and this was is the only one I got just because I have enough eyeshadow already and I have never hit pan on anything so do I really need another eyeshadow quad? No, so I only got 1 instead of all 6. When I got home I was really excited because all the other Colorstay quads I previously bought were great but once I opened it up and started to swatch the shadows I have to say I was a little disappointed because some of the colors felt chalky and just not as smooth and buttery like my old quads. The highlight color to me is very chalky and it takes up the biggest space on the pallet. The olive green and the reddish bronze color are not as bad as the highlight but still not as smooth as I would like. The only color that was pretty smooth was the matte dark brown, which was a surprise since matte shadows tend to be chalkier than others. Other than the pigmentation and texture of the shadows I don't really like how the pallet is laid out just because each shadow is a different size in this square pallet versus the old pallet where all the shadows are the same size. Like I said the highlight takes up the biggest space but its chalky and I probably won't use it as much as the other 3 colors.
So when it comes down to which pallet I think is better the choice is obvious to me, the old 12 hour Colorstay pallets I feel are better in texture and pigmentation. Now since I only did buy 1 out of 6 quads in the new line it could easily just be this particular quad isn't all that great and the others are but I honestly don't think I am going to spend time or money to try the rest seeing as I already have lots of eyeshadows. So if your looking for affordable drug store eyeshadow pallets I recommend the Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Shadows instead of this new 16 hour one.
Thanks for reading
-amy
No comments:
Post a Comment