Monday, December 5, 2011

Sephora Friends & Family Haul Pt 3-3.5

Ok so by the time I did this haul the Sephora Friends and Family had ended but it was time for the VIB 20% off sale. And remember how I said I would explain why its a 3.5 haul well here is why.

So I ended up returning the MUFE Mat Velvet to my local Sephora and I was going to see if I can purchase my DDF Blemish Foaming Cleanser in store because it was on sale for $15 and the original price is $32, but unfortunately it was only an online deal so I couldn't purchase in store. So I ended up walking around Sephora just looking around to see if there was anything that would catch my eye before I make my return. I walked around for about 15 min and thought about getting another nail polish or another blush. I ended up walking around the Benefit stand and looking at their creaseless cream shadow. Now I had gotten a small R.S.V.P in one of those $10 sets that Benefit does and I thought it was really pretty however the pot is super small so you can barely get a finger in, you need to dip a brush in it to get product out. So I was looking at al the cream shadows they had and I was torn between Skinny Jeans and I believe it was Birthday Suit. I ended up getting Skinny Jeans because I thought it was soo pretty and that it would work well as an everyday color for me. It's a pewter color but it has bronze/gold shimmer to it and if you blend it out well at least on my skin it looks like a greyish taupe. So I ended up deciding to purchase that and while I was waiting to check out, you know how Sephora has all those small samples or little things in the cubes while you are on line, well I saw that Boscia had come out with Peppermint Blotting Papers and I just couldn't resist $5 each. I am a big mint fan and the Boscia blotting papers work really well so I ended up buying two.  So I consider this my .5 haul.

When I went home I put in another online purchase for my facewash and some other stuff...

-nails inc. The Wyndham Collection : I am still on the fence about this product. It comes with two nail polishes, The Wyndham and this dark teal color which I can't remember the name of. While the overall effect is really pretty, the top coat gives you this holographic shimmer effect off the teal polish so depending on the light the shimmer can reflect blue to green to almost yellow I can't justify spending $20 on this because the teal color polish while pretty was so thick and heavy. I do my nails very often and I am a huge fan of Essie polish and it wasn't until this year that I really ventured out into other brands such as OPI. This nails inc base polish was just to thick. It took forever to dry and it chipped really easily. I should've just tried to buy the top coat by itself.
-DDF Blemish Foaming Cleanser: This is my go to acne cleanser. Now I use this after I remove my makeup with my Philosophy Purity Cleanser. This by itself will not take off makeup. But I really like how it has helped my acne prone skin. It contains Salicylic acid and is very gentle. I use it every night with my clarisonic mia. And it was such a good deal. Again it is normally $32 and it was on sale for $15 online plus an additional 20% off. Of course I ended up buying two bottles.
-Origins Brighter By Nature Skin Tone Correcting Serum : So I kind of got this on a whim. I knew I was running low on my Lancome Genefique and I really wanted to try a serum that would help fade acne scars and some sunspots around my eyes. I have used the Clinique even skin tone corrector but I felt like I didn't really see results with it so I wanted to try something new. I was debating between this and I believe the Jurlique white something serum. Now the Origins line is fairly new to Sephora but I have used their products before years ago when I was in high school and my sister who had also made a purchase from sephora was trying out the Brighter By Nature Moisturizer which she read help fade freckles. I already had bought my DDF moisturizer and really didn't need to buy another one esp one thats in a pot ( I don't like to dip my fingers in pots) I ended choosing the serum. I don't have much to say about it yet. I just started using it after finishing off the last bit of my genefique so I will probably have an update in about two weeks.

so this ends my sephora purchases. for not at least. If you are a VIB like me then you probably got notice of the $20 gift card which I will most likely be using this week to pickup some more stuff.

again thanks for reading.

-amy

No comments:

Post a Comment