Monday, December 5, 2011

Sephora Friends & Family Haul Pt. 2

So I had a pretty busy weekend and am now finally updating on part 2 of my Sephora F&F sale.

So about a week after my first order I of course couldn't pass up the opportunity to place another one. Here is what I got on my second order. (unfortunately I still don't have pictures. the lighting is just pretty bad in my room)

- MUFE Mat Velvet in No. 35 Vanilla : I really wanted to like this foundation. I feel in love with the Duo Matte powder so I figured why not try this liquid foundation instead. This just didn't work for me. I felt like the coverage wasn't enough and it didn't keep me as matte as the Duo Mat. So this is how I tested it. I previously mentioned that I am super oily and use Urban Decay De-Slick before and after foundation. Well since I wanted to see how well this Mat Velvet worked I did not use De-Slick. I just put this on over my moisturizer and set it with a loose powder (clinique in case anyone was wondering) and it just didn't keep me as matte as I would've hoped. Plus the coverage isn't great. I used 1 squirt that equals to about 1 pump if this came in a pump bottle and it just wasn't enough for to even out my skin. I shortly returned this.
-MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation in 202 :  Well I said this is like my HG powder foundation now so of course I had to buy a back-up since it doesn't really come with a whole lot of product and for 20% I really just had too.
-Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Katie:  I'm still on the fence about this blush. I know a lot of people who are fare skin like myself have raved about this on youtube and other blogs but I don't find myself reaching for it as much as I do the Illamasqua Lover blush that I got in my first haul. I mean its a pretty light pastel pink. I think if you are any darker than NC25 this might not work that well on you. I wear it mostly when I wear more cool toned make up. It's pretty, very pigmented, I would probably use it more in the spring.
-Urban Decay Primer Potion Tube :  Just got the original. I really think this is a great product and it prevents anything from creasing on me. It's a cult classic and I will probably pick up the Too Faced primer sooner or later to do a comparison on which one I feel works better.
-OPI for Sephora Nail Colour :  Now I got three nail polishes from OPI for Sephora. The colors are Be-Clause I said So which is a multi-size red glitter polish, Flurry Up Top Coat which is a multi-size silver glitter polish, and Don't be Eggnogious which is a multi-size bronze glitter polish. I got these because I had the gotten the gold on a while back and really loved it and I figured I would get some other colors for the fall season. I think these are really pretty and for the $9.50 it's not bad compared to the Deborah Lippmann glitter polishes. But be warned like with all glitter polishes these are a pain to take off! 

That's hit for part two of my Sephora Haul.

Thanks for reading.

- amy

No comments:

Post a Comment