So here are my thoughts and some (drumroll.....) pictures of the lip butters and the shadows.
So I picked up three Revlon Lip Butters in:
065 Creamsicle
085 Sugar Plum
030 Fig Jam
I have to say that I'm not really crazy about these. I mean the product is nice and color on some of them are really pretty but for a girl that doesn't really wear any lip products beyond chap stick on a day to day basis these are really just something fun to play with, but not really a necessity for me. I mean I actually have a lot of lipstick from drugstore to high end and I buy them because it looks so pretty and I think omg I am definitely going to find time to wear it and then end up not. I can see why these would appeal to a lot of people because its sheer and you can wear it without looking like too made up. Of the three that I have I probably like Fig Jam the best just because its a really fall/winter color to wear. I did pick two dark colors Fig Jam and Sugar Plum specifically because I don't really have anything like it in my lipstick collection and Creamsicle just seems like a fun color. On my lips Creamsicle doesn't really do a lot but it does nude it out a bit and its wearable. Fig Jam and Sugar Plum are both well pigmented and look nice on the lip. Fig Jam is a more brown tone berry kind of cranberryish and Sugar Plum is more purple. These don't really last that long and you will have to re-apply often. And for all you sensitive lip girls out there, these make my lips peel a bit so if you have that issue I suggest you stay away.
Creamsicle
Sugar Plum
Fig Jam
And now to the Benefit Creaseless Creamshadows. Let me say first that I have double eye-lids and quite a heavy fold and my lids get oily so I never thought creamshadows would work well on me. I tried some Revlon ones before and it just sucked, it creased within 30 min and just had no staying power on my lids so I was really hesitant to try these from Benefit but since getting hooked on their boxed powders I figured I should give their other products a try and for some reason I gravitated to the Creaseless Creamshadow. I never really read up on reviews on blogs or youtube about these and just decided to go for it when I was in store during the F&F sale. I guess I kind of wanted to really test it out and see if it really wasn't going to crease. I was torn between Skinny Jeans and Birthday Suit and only wanted to purchase one before spending the money on more without knowing how well it would perform. So I got Skinny Jeans and fell absolutely in love with it and then this past week I picked up Birthday Suit. Now this creamshadow really does live up to its name Creaseless. I have worn it both with my UD primer potion and without and it doesn't budge. The pigmentation is amazing, super creamy and I love the two colors I got. Both are great for everyday wear. Now Skinny Jeans is a pewter color with gold/bronze shimmer and it is a bit on the darker side but if you blend it out you'll be able to wear it all over the lid. After I got it I wore it about a week straight. Birthday Suit I think a lot of people will like because even though it says on the Sephora site that it is a "brushed chrome" to me its a really nice shimmery taupe color that is a great neutral to wear all over the lid. I have been using it for the past two days and its just good for those who work in office environments that want something on their eyes but nothing crazy. I don't think there are enough good things I can say about this product. As of now I'm not sure if there are any more colors that tickle my interest, maybe RSVP but for I am very very happy with just Skinny Jeans and Birthday Suit. These might actually be my favorite eye-make up purchases of the year.
Birthday Suit
Skinny Jeans
Thanks for reading
-amy
No comments:
Post a Comment