Now I don't have a crazy nail polish collection like a lot of other beauty bloggers do just because even though I paint my nails I am not overly obsessed with the newest collections and do not feel the need to purchase really expensive nail polish. Most of the nail polishes I own are Essie, which I'm sure if you are the type of girl that likes to go to salons to get them done you are aware of the brand. And I have to say Essie is hands down my favorite polish. I know a lot of people complain the brush is too thin but I really like it like that. I have a few OPI/Sephora by OPI polishes and then random drug store ones in between. I would have to say I have around 20+ bottles of nail polishes currently. And even though I would love to try polishes by Butter London, Deborah Lippmann, Chanel, Dior etc. I really don't have the budget for that and even if I did I really can't justify spending so much on nail polish. I would spend that kind of money on make up but on nail polish, no. That's just my personal take on it and it's not a dig at anyone who does buy polishes that are higher end. Hey if you can can afford it, more power to you. Also I am fortunate enough to have local Asian beauty supply stores in my area and where Wal-Mart/CVS/Rite-Aid sell Essie for $8.00 the Asian beauty supply stores sell them for $4.50-$5.50 so I never pay full price for Essie polishes.
My taste in nail polish is very simple. I like pale pinks, nudes, reds, dark colors and once in a while a random bright. I don't really venture into crazy colors like bright blues, greens, neons, hot pinks etc. I usually tend to either have a french manicure which I do myself or a dark maroon on my nails. In the summer I like to spice it up with a bright red or coral but thats about it. I mean do have a few other random colors that I bought in the heat of the moment but I don't reach for those often.
So for my current nail look, I have really been into glitter polishes lately and no I don't own the Deborah Lippmann ones but I do have a few from Sephora by OPI which I got during the F&F sale and also one Revlon on that just came out. I think this combination I have on my nails is really festive for New Years and still wearable on a daily basis depending on how strict your office it. I can get away with it at mine.
So I took these pictures at night with bad lighting in my room so please forgive me. What I have on my nails in 3 different polishes. I started with my Essie Millionails nail strengthener as a base (not pictures) and then I put on two coats of Essie Cabi-O-Lait which is the very light opaque milky pink. The picture below was taken without flash and I know you can't see the color quite clear but this is a really pretty milky pink that can be worn alone and I wouldn't suggest it for a french manicure because it has a bit too much white in it for a french. So after two coats of Cabi-O-Lait, I put on one coat of Revlon Sparkling which is part of the new polish collection that just came out from Revlon. This polish looks a lot like the Deborah Lippmann one which name I can remember but since I don't own any Deborah Lippmann polishes I can't compare. It's just a medium pink multi-glitter polish in a clear base. After a coat of that I then put on a coat of Sephora by OPI Flurry Up which is a silver multi-glitter polish that I got during the F&F sale.
Essie: Cabi-O-Lai
Revlon: 261 Sparkling
Sephora by OPI: Flurry Up
And thats basically it for what I have on my nails. Hopefully this lasts until New Years eve since I have a really bad habit of picking at my polish but if anything I will probably just redo it before going out. I really like this combination just because its subtle with a bit of girly flare.
Thanks for reading. Please subscribe.
- amy
No comments:
Post a Comment